Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Half Way There!

I'm half way through my 30 days of no sugar challenge today! I won't say it's been easy but my sugar cravings are slowly subsiding as time goes by. There have been moments when I wonder why I'm torturing myself (only when I'm really craving some sugar in any which way or form) but all in all it's been okay. 


This past Saturday the whole family was at Starbucks (as we usually do on the weekends) and I wanted my tall soy hot chocolate with no whip in the worst way! Even the folks at Starbucks questioned me as they know our drinks by heart, "What no hot chocolate?" I managed to hold off and get myself a non-sweetened tea and be somewhat satisfied. As you can see from the pic above, I recently got my coupon for a free drink at Starbucks and I'm saving it for a post 30 day challenge treat. I'm sure you can guess what it will be.


In the meantime, my oldest daughter continues to torture me with her lack of a sweet tooth. Since I've started this challenge she has thrown away the following unfinished sweets without even a thought...


1/2 Chocolate Chip Cookie
2 Lollipops 
2 Popsicles 
1/2 a Cupcake
Cupcake (licked only the frosting off)
3/4 piece of Birthday Cake


And no, I haven't cheated and eaten her unfinished sweets- but don't think that I haven't thought about it once or twice. :-) Maybe I need to take notes and learn from her. Take a couple of bites of something, satisfy my sweet tooth and move on. Hmmmm, so hard to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment