Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sugar cravings banished!

I did it, I did it, I did it! I can't believe "The Queen of all Sugar Addicts" made it 30 days with no sugar and met her challenge. Unbelievable. And you know what else is great? I lost four more pounds of post-baby weight while doing it!

As you read in my last post on this subject, while my cravings overall had lessened I still at times craved sugar like Hugh Hefner craves blondes. I was worried those cravings would never go away, but right at about the two and a half week mark something clicked and I didn't have another strong craving after that. I got through my oldest daughter's third birthday without even licking my fingers after cutting her cake (my favorite chocolate cake btw) and never felt tempted by the leftovers either. That is a huge breakthrough for me.

I feel like I'll be a better role model for my girls as I don't NEED sugar to be a staple in my diet. As you can see from the picture on the left (mmmmm, peas) I'm already prepping my youngest to eat healthy foods and enjoy them. :)

Of course going into the holiday season will be challenging, but I'm glad I did this before the onslaught of sweets. I have been able to lessen my focus on sugar. I've also been slowly changing my overall eating habits, which I think helped with the sugar cravings as well. I'll blog more about that part later, but suffice it so say I have been avoiding eating refined white flour and other processed foods.

Besides squelching my addiction to sugar, I did this for my health. To see what I mean, check out this list of "146 Reasons Why Sugar is Ruining Your Health" by Nancy Appleton.

If you are like I was and are addicted to sugar, I encourage you to go ahead and take this challenge. And since posting on this blog kept me honest, you should post the following in the comments section to be held accountable: "Hi, my name is xxxx and I'm a sugar addict. I want to take the 30-day challenge and will post my progress on this blog when I'm done!"

By posting on this blog, I knew I would have more than just my family to answer to as to why I broke down and downed a whole bag of peanut M&M's, a bag of gummi bears and half a Swiss chocolate bar. Go ahead and do it. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment