Monday, December 12, 2011

Gluten Free Salmon Recipe

This is for my gluten-free friends! While I am not eating completely gluten-free, I have been adjusting my diet a bit to try and limit the amount of refined sugar and white flour that I eat. I have been loving this easy baked salmon recipe for many months now and while it isn't exactly unhealthy I wanted to try and experiment to see if I could substitute the bread crumbs for something even healthier.

Success! My new recipe tastes even better in my opinion and best of all, the whole family including my 3-year old daughter loves it. In addition, it's so easy to make and takes little time to prep.



Here is the new recipe for you to try if you like:

Ingredients: (4 servings)
4 salmon fillets (3-4 oz each)
3 tablespoons of dijon mustard (Grey Poupon is what I use - and its gluten free)
Dash of salt & pepper
1/3 cup of almond meal/coconut flour mix (see below) instead of bread crumbs
1/4 cup melted butter


Almond meal/coconut flour mix: combine a 50:50 mix of almond meal and coconut flour. Many health food stores carry these products (in fact, Trader Joe's usually carries almond flour) but if you can't find them you can get them herehere. There is something about these two ingredients that make this topping the perfect combination for salmon with a subtle coconutty taste that is delicious!


Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Place salmon skin-side down (we have the butcher remove the skin for us) on a non-stick aluminum baking dish
3. Use a silicone brush to spread a thin layer of dijon mustard covering each of the fillets and then season with salt and pepper.
4. Top the fillets with the almond/coconut mix (not too thick) and then pour the melted butter on top.
5. Bake for 15 minutes

(Pardon the not so professional photos as they were taken with my iPhone!)



Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous recipe! We are making it for the second time tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete