Sunday, March 25, 2012

Quinoa & Brussels Sprouts


Little Quinoa Patties & Brussels Sprouts
Yum! I've been loving Pinterest to find new healthy recipes that are easy to make for my family. I recently tried a recipe for Little Quinoa Patties and Brussels Sprouts that turned out great.

The brussels sprouts recipe is quick and easy but you can cut your prep-time even more by picking up the pre-cut halves at Trader Joe's in the refrigerated section if you like. Even if you aren't a huge brussels sprouts fan you should give this recipe a try. They are delicious!



The little quinoa patties recipe is a bit more time consuming but still fairly fast overall. I made enough so there were leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day and you can also keep the mixture in the fridge for up to 2 days if you like. Having two young kids I am always looking to extend a meal further so that I don't have to prep a ton each night while simultaneously trying to entertain the kiddos.

I added Trader Joe's tzatziki sauce on top of the quinoa patties, which made them even more tasty. Mmmm, time for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment