Thursday, June 28, 2012

Two Ways: Workout to Daytime Wear

I'm always looking for ways to get more out of my wardrobe and because I spend so much time in workout clothes I'm always looking for pieces that can cross over into daytime wear as well. This is the first of I hope many posts on two ways to wear workout gear that will hopefully save you some money and perhaps inspire some new looks in your wardrobe!





I couldn't resist these cute coral Nike Free Spotted Sneakers sold exclusively through ASOS. As you have seen, neon is back in-style and footwear is a fun way to incorporate it without being too loud. I don't mind a bit of flash on my feet and the polka dots had me sold. I knew I could also incorporate these comfy kicks (they feel like slippers!) into both my workout wear and my everyday wear for a casual look.

Workout Outfit: 
Top: Nike S/S Dip Dye Burnout Tee (tank top version too)
Bottoms: Nike Tech Capri Running Tights
Shoes: Nike Exclusive Free Running Spotted Sneakers (available in light blue too)




I wore this very casual outfit on a busy day with my two girls where I knew I would be on my feet all day running around. Best of all, the top I'm wearing can also be used as a workout top as it's from the GapFit line so it is made of a breathable fabric but yet it is soft and comfortable.


Daytime Outfit:

Top: GapFit Breathe V-Neck T

Shorts: Joe's Jeans Denim Shorts Marisella Wash

Shoes: same as above


15 comments:

  1. love, love, love... sooo cute... and nice legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well darn you, now I want those blue ones REAL bad. I wonder if they'll work for my pronating feet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I have Nike shorts that'll match the orange ones...

      Delete
    2. I know, I want the blue ones now too! How can I convince my husband. ;) They would probably be ok for wearing around but not running for you. A pair of superfeet may help too.

      Delete
  3. Awesome blog!! would you mind following each other via bloglovin? xx

    /Malin @ http://fashionfied.tk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Sure, if you follow me via bloglovin, I'll follow you!

      Delete
  4. the shoes are so cute they actually make me WANT to work out :p lol



    Stephanie
    http://somethingnew-ish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, hilarious! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. I'll follow you on bloglovin' :)
      follow me back?

      ---> http://somethingnew-ish.blogspot.com/2012/07/bloglovin_09.html

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Hi! I was just looking for information about these cute spotted Nikes and stumbled on your blog. Could you please let me know what you think about their fit? I am usually an 8.5, but I can go down or up depending upon the shoe. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! As far as fit goes, if you wear an 8.5 in dress shoes I would go up maybe to a 9 in these. However, if you wear an 8.5 in running shoes in general you are probably ok to stick with that which is what I did. I can't guarantee the fit but I hope that helps a bit! They are very comfy!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly an interesting post on Workout to Daytime Wear! Nike is such a great brand known for offering superb stuff which is fashionable too. I workout regularly and have two pairs of Nike shoes. Similarly, prefer buying quality workout tights and tops from Carbon38.com. Truly, their workout gear collection is awesome.

    ReplyDelete