Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy "Tech" Birthday!

Photo source Pinterest



My birthday is in July and I got spoiled with lots of "techie" but fashionable gifts which seems pretty fitting for me. It's been a busy month working on my other project that I mentioned in one of my recent posts so I haven't been able to blog as much as I'd like to - but here is a quick birthday recap.












I love my new Rebecca Minkoff iPad case as it's not only stylish but protective as my girls could probably hurl my iPad across the room in this and I feel like it would still survive. (Seeing as two of my iPhones met untimely deaths due to kid related incidents this is a good thing.) In addition, my friend surprised me with this cute chevron printed iPhone cover for my birthday from etsy saying that I needed to have some outfit options for my phone - love it. (It's like the adult version of barbie dress-up!)

As for the GPS watch, I had been wanting a new one to run with as my old one required a huge clunky unit that strapped onto my upper arm. It's amazing how quickly technology has changed in five short years. I got this women's specific Garmin Forerunner 110 for my birthday and so far it's been great. But, I already have a love/hate relationship with it. I love it because it is so easy to use but I hate it because it made me realize how much I had been slacking off pace-wise. Needless to say my butt has been getting kicked into shape lately in my workouts. I highly recommend this watch if you are looking to improve your pace and stay accountable.

The best present that I got though was a shopping trip sans kids with my mom who is visiting this month. It felt like a vacation! I could actually eat my lunch slowly, catch up with my mom without being interrupted fifty times and take my time while shopping for clothes. Heaven! Needless to say, I tend to shop online a lot these days because as many of you know, it is nearly impossible to focus on clothes with one kid running around with boundless energy and another screaming their head off wanting to be let out of the stroller. I tried it once and needless to say I have never attempted it again.

For any of my readers with birthdays this month- happy birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!! :)

    http://somethingnew-ish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete