Friday, October 12, 2012

Fit Friday: You are never too old!

As I'm getting back into shape I can't help but feel creaky and old some days- now I know I'm not but my body sure does feel like it some days especially after a rough night being up with one of my girls. Here's a bit of inspiration and a reminder that I need to "suck it up" and quit whining. :) Maybe it will inspire you in one way or another as well!



The amazing Sister Madonna Buder aka the "Iron Nun" holds the world record for being the oldest person to complete an Ironman triathlon at the age of 82. Yep, that's a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile run!



The incredible Harriet Anderson, age 77, has completed countless Ironmans and has 11 first place age group finishes at the Ironman World Championships. The above picture on the right is her finishing an Ironman after breaking her clavicle at mile 80 on the bike. That's what I call tough.

Both of these amazing ladies will be competing tomorrow at the Ironman World Championships in Kona. Best of luck to these inspiring ladies! 



Fauja Singh at 101 years old became the oldest person to complete a marathon in April of this year after completing the London Marathon in 7 hours 49 minutes. He didn't start running until in his 80's - you are truly never too old!

So, when you feel those negative thoughts creeping into your mind about why you can't do this or that, replace them with positive ones, believe in yourself and remember these individuals who didn't listen to the words "you can't do that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment