How many of you can say you take the best care of YOU? My answer is a resounding NO and I'm sure most of you will say the same. I've decided that starting this month I'm going to take better care of myself - join me! Easier said than done sometimes right? We're all so busy juggling jobs, kids, family, friends and other commitments that it's easy to put things off.
So, I am officially done with that and while of course my kids still come first, I know that by taking better care of myself, I'll take better care of them too. I made an appointment with the doctor and even better, scheduled a sports massage for myself.
1. Schedule workouts: Put your workouts into your calendar so you can say, "No, I've got an appointment at that time."
2. Learn to say no: if it's not something pertinent or that you enjoy, find a way to nicely turn it down and use that time for yourself.
3. Ask for help: I know I need to work on this and an easy example are my kids. They are capable of helping out with small tasks around the house and are often excited to help me unload the dishwasher or match up socks.
4. Do what you can and then let it go: Because I work from home, I can work 24 hours a day and it's hard to walk away from it at times. There is only so much time in the day though so stop being so hard on yourself and learn when you need a break. Oftentimes you will be even more productive after walking away for a bit.
5. You can make excuses or make changes: Make those changes with a happy, healthy YOU in mind. You deserve it.
Do you have any tips to add to this list?
What is your favorite splurge for "me" time?