Monday, May 13, 2013

Never say never.


Racing in the lava fields
I did it, I finally decided to give triathlons another go. I'll never say never again. My husband called it when we first got married telling me he knew I would race again and as much as I hate to admit it, he was right. As some of you know, I raced professionally for a number of years but quit after years of disappointing results and chronic injuries. After having my first daughter and suffering through more debilitating injuries, I was finally correctly diagnosed with FAI in my hips. To make a long story short, I had major hip surgery with a wonderful doctor from Stanford and when I went in for my final check up after having my second daughter he said, "All looks good. Now let's get you back racing again." What?!? Really?!? I wasn't expecting that. At all.

So, after much thought and contemplation I have decided to give it a go. Why not right?! I am happy to be working with Matt Dixon from Purple Patch Fitness as I know even though I coach athletes myself, I need a coach to be held accountable too and I am honored to be a part of such a phenomenal group of athletes. It's time to step it up as I officially start today, gulp.


I know some may think I'm crazy (I probably am) but I think it will be worth it. In the least, I can show my daughters that you pick yourself back up, dust yourself off and never give up on a dream. Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!! Now I just need to get better so I can race in your dust!

    ReplyDelete