1) Transition Bag: It will carry all of your triathlete's gear and then some. This is a lifesaver when packing for a triathlon and comes complete with helmet pocket and waterproof compartment. The blueseventy Transition Bag is the top of the line and probably the most popular bag out there but if you want something a bit more affordable, the TYR SPORT Transition Backpack does a great job too.
2) Injury Prevention: Anyone who runs will likely experience an injury at some point. The book, Anatomy for Runners is a must have reference for any runner as a guide for injury prevention, rehab and improving your running bio-mechanics. Recommended by many elite runners, this one is definitely on my list this year!
3) Massage: The Grid Revolutionary Foam Roller (available here or here) is way better than your typical foam roller, it features a three dimensional surface to help break up those sore knots. It also comes in a travel-friendly size (available here or here) that you can fit into your transition bag or suitcase. Every triathlete should have one of these to help combat injuries.
4) Smart Training: First Time Triathlon or Triathlon Trainer iPhone Apps- Whether they are training for their first sprint triathlon or are training for an Olympic Distance, these iPhone apps can help. The number one ranked training Apps in the iTunes App store, they have helped countless athletes reach their goals. Disclaimer: These were designed by me so of course I think they are great! (Learn how to gift an App to someone here.)
5) Tri-Bling: Congratulate your triathlete on an amazing accomplishment with a dog tag style triathlon necklace hand stamped with the 3 distances of each discipline.
6) Biking Shorts: You can never have enough biking shorts- especially a comfortable pair. Being a triathlete myself, I can tell you that we spend a lot of time training and log many hours on the bike so its important to have well padded shorts. Pearl Izumi makes great shorts and the Elite In-R-Cool Short for men and the Symphony Short for women come highly recommended.
7) Chain Cleaner: Keep that motor moving smoothly with the Finish Line Bicycle Chain Cleaner. Not your typical gift but your triathlete will wonder why they never had one before! This easy to use tool will save them time, greasy hands and money.
9) Functional Fitness: Functional strength training is an important part of any successful triathletes training and the TRX Suspension Trainer is the most popular tool to help them build strength, power and flexibility. Best of all its so easy to use and portable so whether you are a newbie or an experienced triathlete it can help you bring your training to the next level.
10) Race Ready: These are the latest and greatest race day helpers - skip the long lines to have someone write your race number on your body with these professional looking numbers. The TriTats Pro Tattoo are easily applied the night before with the box containing 200 numbers for countless events that are both USAT and ITU compliant.