Saturday, January 11, 2014

Slow Cooker Savior: Quinoa, Chicken and Kale Soup

I mentioned in my post "Changing How I Eat" that I would share some of the healthy recipes that I've been using.  The first one I wanted to share in 2014 is a delicious quinoa, chicken and kale soup.

I knew this week was going to be a tough one for us cooking-wise so I wanted to find something that was easy to cook and would also last a few days for lunches. I found this recipe from Cooking Classy and since we had most of the ingredients I thought I'd give it a try. It turned out great, was very healthy and best of all so easy to make. I hadn't cooked with my crock pot in a while but thank goodness for a slow cooker! The only thing I left out was the lemon juice simply because we didn't have a lemon on hand.

Here is the recipe again - I highly recommend it. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment